I am 33 weeks pregnant this week and yesterday saw potentially last physio appointment. Not because I don’t need it or want it anymore though. My lovely, amazing physio, who has really helped me so far, is going on Maternity Leave herself today as she is 34ish weeks pregnant! I’ve known the day for her to leave would come, so I was semi prepared for it, but I had hoped there would be a transition to another physio.
Sadly there won’t, because her replacement hasn’t started yet and probably won’t be starting for at least a month. The other physios at the hospital are fully bookd with their own existing patients so there is basically no appointments for me to have. It’s not like I am off the books, I have an “open appointment” which means that if things get really bad I can call and try and get a cancellation with one of the other physios… but my fortnightly sessions are a thing of the past.
I am trying not to worry about this. Trying to positive that I will be ok. Fear has been a big part of my problems with SPD. Fear of it getting worse. Thanks to my physio it hasn’t got terrible, it’s not fun but it’s been manageable and with not long left to go I have to try and be positive.
Hubs is going to try and do the same elbow “massages” that she has been doing for me to release m muscle spasms and I have been thinking for a while about trying out some reflexology as I have heard that can help, and it looks like now is the time to try it!
Hopefully that may also help me sleep as I hate bedtime at the moment. Trying to get to sleep takes hours and leaves me so frustrated and often disoriented as I am just dozing off when my legs and hips start twitching or tingling or I get that sharp stab of pain down my leg. So bizarre when you are just about in dreamland and get jerked awake. I was so confused last night as I was dreaming about someone called Maisie and someone called Joan…. then I was suddenly awake and very cross! Poor hubs too as I often wake him up too with all the constant tossing and turning. Sleep deprivation starts now it seems.
In other news all seems ok, our girl is a right little wriggler and she is trying very hard to get herself head down. The other night I had so many kicks on my right side, which is very unusual for me, that I thought she may be getting close to doing it… then she settled back into the left side of my Bicornuate Uterus again with her head very much up in my ribs again.
It was enough to shock the Hubs though as he has been very much convinced that we will have a C section and suddenly panicked and revealed he is not at all prepared for me to go into labour naturally. I think in his head C section is the easy option purely because it is known, we’ve done it before, we know what happens and what the recovery is like. We will know the date so can arrange childcare for Monkey. He is as much a planner as me and that side of it is definitely appealing.
I am trying to keep an open mind though, we have an appointment with the consultant at 35 weeks to check her position and potentially book the C Section if she is still stuck head up. There is also the little voice in my head that says that a C Section would mean delivery between 38-39 weeks, whereas trying for a natural birth could mean waiting until up to 42 weeks for delivery. An extra 3-4 weeks of pain and sleepless nights. I feel guilty for bringing that into the equation and feel like I should put up with the pain if it means she can come naturally… but I have to admit that it does influence my thinking.
Anyway we shall see! Not the most cheerful of pregnancy updates I’m afraid! Did you have trouble sleeping or suffer from restless legs? Any tips would be gratefully received!
I’m still not ready for a baby but I know my Mum struggled being pregnant with my brother in the summer as she could never got comfy and was too hot – maybe sleep will become easier as the weather cools a little.
Lizzie’s Daily Blog
thank you, here’s hoping! xx
Sleep deprivation is bad enough on its own, let alone adding pain to the mix, so I’m not surprised you want a definite “end date” now. Don’t feel guilty for thinking like that – you’ve done really well to get this far with the SPD as it is! Have you been reading Transatlantic Blonde’s #BlogBumpClub updates? She’s also been suffering terribly with SPD and has tried acupuncture. Never know, it may work for you as a possibility? Hope you have a restful weekend and manage to grab some sleep where you can! x
Thanks lovely, I have read it bless her and acupuncture is definitely another back up plan! Anything that works would be good right now! xx
I totally understand your twoing and froing about the birth! If baby stays breech (ouch!) then at least the decision is out of your hands in many respects. But I also understand yours and your husbands#s reasons for preferring a section. It’s not awful, or selfish- its totally natural. I hope your SPD continues to stay manageable and roll on the next few weeks eh? x x
Thanks lovely, it will definitely take the stress out of a decision if she stays breech as there won’t be much choice, and I will be glad to start the recovery process… but I am still not really looking forward to the c-section recovery. What will be will be I guess! xx
You have to do what is best for you. That is a shame you can’t see a different physio.