I don’t know about you but we always have a long list of jobs that need sorting. Some are things we get excited about so they get ticked off quickly, others are less urgent, and less interesting so hang around on that list for a long, long time. With our baby girl arriving in November, and with a bit more energy now I am in the 2nd Trimester, I am keen to get a lot of jobs ticked off asap. I know that when I get really big, and then when the baby is here, the list will be pushed away almost entirely for a while, so we have a window of opportunity to get some things done.
Last week I read a post from Claire at Clarina’s Contemplations, all about #GetGoodSummer. The idea is that you have 10 weeks over the summer to complete 5 personal goals. They can be anything you like and it sounds like they had a really good spread of tasks and achievements last year!
I thought this fit perfectly with our current push to get things sorted around the house, and hopefully having some summer goals in mind may help motivate us at times when enthusiasm starts to lag.
Our #GetGoodSummer goals:
- Clear out the baby room. It is currently a junk room and hasn’t even got any flooring. Before we can decorate and put flooring down, we actually need to clear it and find homes for all of the junk in there.
- Decorate the baby room – this includes having the ceiling plastered, deciding how we actually want it to look, (you can check out my pinterest board to see some of my inspiration for this) and then actually doing the decorating!
- Solve the problem with the flat lease. I still own the flat I used to live in before I met hubby, and we have tenants in there at the moment. I would love to sell it so it would be one less thing to worry about, but in order to sell it we need to renew the lease, which could cost thousands (which hopefully can be added to the mortgage). We keep putting off this job as it won’t be fun, but it really does need to be done before the situation gets any worse, and I really want to get this sorted before baby arrives as it will never get done then!
- Arrange to see Friends and Family who live further away. With my SPD we aren’t sure how mobile I will be by the end of my pregnancy and travel will likely be less comfortable. Then when baby arrives, I know we will be fully wrapped up in life with a baby and so it is really important to me to see and visit people that we don’t get to see quite so often… before we are basically unable to!
- Get Organised. This is a little vaguer but there are lots of things it encompasses. The kitchen cupboards need a good organise before they can get filled with baby paraphernalia. There is lots of paperwork that needs organising and filing properly. There is a load of stuff in the garage that needs organising, and all of the baby stuff in the loft needs to come down and be organised.
So we need to get cracking! I shall be blogging about our progress and linking up over at Clarina’s Contemplations. Do you have some things you’d love to get done this summer? Why not join in with #GetGoodSummer?